~ So You Wanna Know ~

My photo
I am a mystery~someone you have known all your life and at the same time like no one you have ever met before.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Tale of a Sorceress' Beginnings...

Welcome back! Come in and and have a seat while I tell you some more. Make yourself comfortable. Cozy? Relaxed? Good, let's continue.

It all started last summer during several commercial interruptions. Everywhere I looked I saw dragons, magic, monsters, and --Malistaire! Professor Ambrose was requesting my help and I answered the call. I took the test and learned that (no surprise to me) I was a Sorceress. Alura HexCaster was enrolled in Ravenwood. I was excited and anxious.

This was my first MMORPG ever. I fell in love with the graphics and would stop and gaze at everything. I was in a new world and everything was so breathtaking and wonderful. I wanted to begin my journey immediately and save the Spiral from Malistaire and those he had turned against us. I learned to play as I went and made my share of mistakes along the way, who btw is the BEST teacher ever, and was a true NOOB without even knowing it.

I remember my first battle in Unicorn Way when I had to fight the Lost Souls. They are of the death school and had the symbol to let us know that. Only I thought that meant I was supposed to use death spells ON them. I began to wonder what I was going to do if I didn't have any death spells other than the Dark Sprite I got from my wand. As soon as I got my first few training points, I got Fire Cat, Blood Bat, and Dark Sprite to put in my arsenal. There was no way this Sorceress was going to be unprepared.

Unfortunately, I was. I did not know about training points. I was under the impression that we would get enough to get the spells from all the schools. I have since bought mine back and made better choices. I did not know about pips or prisms. I got tired of saying "oops" or "sorry" so I started playing solo until I could get the hang of the game. That was only ONE of the first mistakes I made starting out.

The second mistake I made was my own personal doing. I get mesmerized by things around me and I could not help but wonder what it would be like to play a wizard of another school. So I made 5 more wizards at the same time; a myth, death, life, storm, and I finally chose ice after debating between it and fire. I would play them alternately and try to keep them around the same level, but Alura, my Sorceress, was always higher than the others. She was the one I could count on to farm for the others' gear and was my relief  when I got tired of fighting cats in Marleybone.

I still felt like I was missing out on something because I had not tried ALL of the schools yet. Did I make the right choice by not selecting fire? I had convinced my IRL best friend to start playing and she was a Pyromancer and seemed to be enjoying the spells immensely. So I created a second account just so I could have a Pyromancer of my own. Now I had 6 more wizards to level up to the other original 6. In between my classes I was playing aggressively on 12 different wizards.

Six months after I started, my Sorceress, Alura, became a Grandmaster. She is the wizard that I use the most when others request help. We are great for supporting others, can heal and keep you alive for another round, boost your attacks so you get maximum attack power, and shield you so you don't take so much damage. We can solo or play as a team.

Plus, IMO, we have the best minion. I have named my Helpful Manders for both of my accounts. Zen belongs to Alura and Yin to Fiona. The balance minion is very useful.  He shields, blades, and donates pips to players. He also uses negative charms and traps on the enemy as well as attacking them.

Alura HexCaster may be a Grandmaster, she but still has some work to do. So if you happen to see her around the Spiral or need help, just ask. She is always willing to give a hand. She was my first wizard and will always be my favorite.

There is just something about having a Sorceress by your side. Ask anyone who has quested with one ;)

Follow Your Own Path
SorceressMiklai

No comments:

Post a Comment